799 - Preview pane is on the wrong side when in vertical and horizontal panel mode

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
stephen147

799 - Preview pane is on the wrong side when in vertical and horizontal panel mode

#1 Post by stephen147 » 05.07.2019, 12:32

See attached. Quite a major bug I suppose.

Sceenshots made easy with ShareX.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: 799 - Preview pane is on the wrong side when in vertical and horizontal panel mode

#2 Post by Dreamer » 05.07.2019, 20:14

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

https://freecommander.com/fchelpxe/en/Viewer.html

Anyway, I agree it's quite strange or even useless to use/have the option "Use the opposite panel" if option "One viewer per panel" is used.

As I see, it's a default option, I think it's not good, it has a sense only for one viewer for both panels, but this way it really looks as a bug.

I think it should be changed, but Marek have to decide.

stephen147

Re: 799 - Preview pane is on the wrong side when in vertical and horizontal panel mode

#3 Post by stephen147 » 05.07.2019, 20:19

I didn't even think to check the settings or the help as this is rather odd behaviour by default.

Thanks for pointing this out it's a quirk instead of a bug.
Sceenshots made easy with ShareX.

Odamn-Ete

#4 Post by Odamn-Ete » 09.07.2019, 05:05

I have to disagree to stephan147,
the preview panel showing in the opposite panel is intuitive for a good workflow.
I also disagree with Dreamer, it isn't strange or useless to use/have the option "Use the opposite panel" if option "One viewer per panel" is used.

Having the Quick view panel on the opposite panel allows me to have full view of all files in the one panel that I want to view. I can see a larger list of files and scroll through the files in that panel without them being covered by the preview panel. At the same time the preview panel in the opposite panel can be enlarged to allow full view of the file(s) being previewed. This is especially useful for example when viewing spreadsheets or files with long text.

This is my personal preference. Dreamer pointed out that it is possible to configure the Quick viewer according to personal preferences, so I don't think there are changes here that need to be implemented.

You've done a great job Marek! Thanks.