Autocomplete used to work in the DOS command line

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
TranceVibes

Autocomplete used to work in the DOS command line

#1 Post by TranceVibes » 07.03.2020, 03:46

Hi,

First of all, thank you for the great Freecommander product! It works like a charm and I use it everyday. I can't think of a life without Freecommander. ♥

I am reporting the following issue or wish:
  • The autocomplete in the DOS command line used to work in an older version of FreeCommander.
    I am sorry, it has been a while. As I was lazy, I always hoped the issue would get solved one day and have not reported this.
    Today I still miss this feature and I finally took my time to post this message. :)
Expected Behavior:
  • Type "explorer ." in the DOS command line. It will open the Windows Explorer at the current folder already opened in Freecommander.
  • Type "e" in the DOS command line. FreeCommander should detect that command is already in the DOS command line history and autocomplete to "explorer ."
Current Behavior:
  • Type "explorer ." in the DOS command line. It will open the Windows Explorer at the current folder already opened in Freecommander.
  • Type "e" in the DOS command line. Nothing happens, no autocomplete. (I can see that "explorer ." in in the DOS command line history.)
Note:
  • My version is FreeCommanderXE-64-donor_portable814.zip on Windows 8.1.
  • I am using a portable version and tried these command line parameters for default settings. The same behavior happened.

Code: Select all

/N /NewIni=%FcSrcPath%\TestSettings\FreeCommander.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English
Alternative:
  • If you can't for any reason accept my request. There is an alternative solution. In the action toolbar, would it be possible to add a command to open Windows Explorer in the current folder? Similar to "DOS box" command.
Reason Behind:
  • I admit I don't often need this feature. However sometimes it can be useful. One particular reason I can think of at the moment is for example when I upgrade FreeCommander Portable. I must close my running instance of Freecommander in order to be able to copy & overwrite the files of the new version into my Freecommander folder. This is usually convenient as I would have the new Freecommander version folder and the old one already opened in Freecommander.
Thank you for your kind attention!

Karol

Re: Autocomplete used to work in the DOS command line

#2 Post by Karol » 07.03.2020, 09:36

There is an alternative solution. In the action toolbar, would it be possible to add a command to open Windows Explorer in the current folder? Similar to "DOS box" command.
- Favorite tools edit (Ctrl+Shift+Y)
- Add new item in one toolbar
- Define the item
Name: Explorer
Program or folder: %windir%\explorer.exe
Parameter: %ActivDir%

Marek
Author
Author

#3 Post by Marek » 07.03.2020, 12:15

Autocomplete was switched off many years ago at the request of numerous users.
If focus is in the field then you can use F4 to see the history list and simply select the desired element.

TranceVibes

#4 Post by TranceVibes » 08.03.2020, 08:39

Thank you very much Karol & Marek for the prompt & useful answers! ♥

Regarding Karol's solution:
At first I was not so happy to lose some visible space due to an additional empty line with only my new Explorer action.
Then in "Customize favorite toolbars / General options", I saw the option "Integrate favorite toolbars with action toolbars" and checked it.
(Note that I had to restart Freecommander in order to display correctly.)
And now that new Explorer icon is right next the other icons of the standard action toolbar without losing visibility.
That's perfect! You have made my day!
[NewCustomFavoriteToolbarAfterActionToolbar.png]
Attachments
NewCustomFavoriteToolbarAfterActionToolbar.png
NewCustomFavoriteToolbarAfterActionToolbar.png (10.96 KiB) Viewed 7661 times