816 - Tree view is not updated correctly after folder operations

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
miki

816 - Tree view is not updated correctly after folder operations

#1 Post by miki » 16.04.2020, 18:45

FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 816 64-bit donor

I often like to use the tree view for quick navigation and folder operations by keyboard (I find it faster to navigate the tree by hitting cursor arrows, than using enter/backspace that is required in the list panel). But I have noticed the tree is not being updated after many folder operations, so you have to hit another Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Shift+R after each folder operation. It would be nice if the tree was updated automatically after each folder operation like these I have observed:

1. Select a folder in the tree and hit Delete key. The folder is deleted physically, but not removed from the tree view. Thus manual Refresh (Ctrl+R) is necessary after each delete operation.

2. Select a folder in the tree and hit Ctrl+X, then move to another tree branch and hit Ctrl+V. The folder is moved physically, but the old folder is still there in the tree view. Again manual Refresh is required.

3. Copy/Move by F5/F6 a folder from one list panel to another. Then tree in the corresponding panel is not updated. Again manual refresh is necessary, but now you have to do Refresh All (Ctrl+Shift+R).

Marek
Author
Author

Re: 816 - Tree view is not updated correctly after folder operations

#2 Post by Marek » 18.04.2020, 12:53

Please check the last release 817.
I think it should be better now.

miki

Re: 816 - Tree view is not updated correctly after folder operations

#3 Post by miki » 18.04.2020, 22:26

Thank you, Marek!
I tried version 818 and the tree is getting updated correctly in all use-cases.
I just observe a slight delay (about 1 sec) between folder deletion and tree updating, but that's fine.