Fit big image to window

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
mumajs

Fit big image to window

#1 Post by mumajs » 07.09.2020, 09:05

Hello,

I am going through an images with quick view enabled. Version "FreeCommander XE 2020 Build 828 64-bit donor" has problem with "fit big image to window". if all images are portrait then it is fine, but when image changes to landscape horizontal scroll bar is shown and image is not properly fit. When changing from landscape to portrait the image has borders around. Sometimes is also image shown in full size and not fit at all. I am using one viewer for both panels.

Thank you,

mumajs

Re: Fit big image to window

#2 Post by mumajs » 11.09.2020, 11:54

Nobody? Strange!
I can confirm that also in portable version. Seems the file is properly fit when you are leaving the file. So when move to next file the current fit to window and then next one is showed incorrectly. Even worse when you go from very small thumbnail file to bigger the file is big instead of fit and when you move from big to small thumbnail then the thumbnail is as a dot. It is very annoying and unusable.

LadySaga

#3 Post by LadySaga » 11.09.2020, 21:55

Hey.

I just became a donor today and installed this version and yeah, I can confirm the same issue.

The option to fit bigger images to the window I've tried to turn off, save, restart and then turn on and save restart again, both with "open as administrator" and without as administrator, but no luck there.

After taking a closer peek I've also noticed that it seems to weird out based on the other pictures size, not necessarily if they are portrait/landscape.
For instance, I have a bunch of folders with d&d maps, and they are ofc varied in big, small, landscape, horizontal, square, and so on, but, if the pictures beside each others varies in size greatly, then things go haywire.

Let's take a look at an example here.
ancient-fortress.png (858 x 1178) - With "Fit to Window" the percent scale is: 43%
Satyr's Glen.jpg (2100 x 1350) - With "Fit to Window" the percent scale is: 17%
dng_coastal-lair.jpg (1050 x 1350) - With "Fit to Window" the percent scale is: 35%

I'll temporarily name them A, B and C, so it's shorter to write.

If I click "Fit to Window", then what I really SHOULD get, is the 3 pictures, scaled for the window individually at 43%, 17% and 35%.
But what I see instead is that it seems to read the scale from the previous picture, which messes things up. Here is an overview when scrolling A B C B A B C etc...

A : 43% -(should be: 43%)
B : 43% -(should be: 17%) <-- B uses the scale from A
C : 17% -(should be: 35%) <-- C uses the scale from B
B : 35% -(should be: 17%) <-- Now B uses the scale from C instead.
A : 17% -(should be: 35%) <-- And A uses the scale from B
etc etc etc...

How does it look if we just go A B A B A ?
A : 43% -(should be: 43%)
A : 17% -(should be: 43%) <-- A uses the scale from B
and then it keeps going.

So that's pretty weird.

In addition, I also noticed that when we use Define Toolbar for the Viewer, we don't even have the option to add "Fit to Window" at all. It's not in the list of available options, even if it IS one of the buttons in the ViewerStandard toolbar.
So if we accidentally remove it, or, as in my case, I made a separate Toolbar specifically for Quick Viewer, since I didn't need all the buttons that the "big" Viewer had... plus.. for some reason Quick Viewer ... doesn't have Fit to Window as a button to begin with... but yeah.. I literally couldn't even add it to the toolbar.

The only way I managed to do that was to manually edit FreeCommander.ini to add 18=actViewWinSize;tbsButton;;;0;;0;0;0;0 to [TfcViewerFrameToolbars_Quick Viewer] (the toolbar I created) (ofc changing the "18" to the place it had in the list)..
That worked just fine to add the button. So at least I can manually set the picture to "Fit to Window" when using Quick Viewer,, but... I have to click it for every single picture,since it doesn't stay as Fit to Window either, it keeps sticking to that weird "Use the same percent zoom as the previous image" instead.

LadySaga

#4 Post by LadySaga » 11.09.2020, 21:59

Oh, forgot o mention that while the button thing is for Quick Viewer (where I had to manually edit it in with the ini file), the Fit to Window however, applies to the regular F3 Viewer as well, not only Quick Viewer.
So yeah...

* Viewer AND Quick Viewer broke Fit to Window.

* Define Action Toolbars for the viewer and quick viewer doesn't even have the Fit To Window as an available option in the Commands list, so it can't be added to a toolbar. So whatever you do, do not remove it from the ViewerStandard toolbar.

Marek
Author
Author

#5 Post by Marek » 29.09.2020, 21:08

It was fixed in 829.

mumajs

#6 Post by mumajs » 02.10.2020, 18:33

Yes... Thank you!