"Slaving" right panel to a left panel tree + Search result list within a tab?

Discussion, questions and support.
Mael

"Slaving" right panel to a left panel tree + Search result list within a tab?

#1 Post by Mael » 31.12.2022, 18:29

How do I make the left panel into a tree and the right panel "slaved" to automatically show subfolders and files of the folder selected in the tree that is the left panel?

Also, is there a way to get a list of search results in a tab in the left panel so that I can browse through them with the arrow keys and have the subfolders show up automatically in the right panel?

Alternatively, can this function somehow be activated through the search window?

Thank you so very much for your time and even more so for your help❣️

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: "Slaving" right panel to a left panel tree + Search result list within a tab?

#2 Post by Dreamer » 31.12.2022, 20:31

Mael wrote: 31.12.2022, 18:29How do I make the left panel into a tree and the right panel "slaved" to automatically show subfolders and files of the folder selected in the tree that is the left panel?
F10, Alt+T, Ctrl+Alt+B - to switch to 1 panel view, enable tree, enable plain view files and folders.
Also, is there a way to get a list of search results in a tab in the left panel so that I can browse through them with the arrow keys and have the subfolders show up automatically in the right panel?
Ctrl+E to export the results to main FC window. If you want to see the folder content in the right panel, when using 2 panel view (F10 to switch), press Ctrl+middle click to folder to open the location in the right panel.

Alternatively it is possible to use also toolbar buttons instead of keyboard shortcuts.

Mael

Re: "Slaving" right panel to a left panel tree + Search result list within a tab?

#3 Post by Mael » 31.12.2022, 22:18

My dream admin❤️🙏✨
Happy new years🎉