Two FC Questions

Discussion, questions and support.
prr

Re: Two FC Questions

#16 Post by prr » 03.03.2023, 22:20

Here is a screenshot of what I'm trying to re-create in FC: https://imgur.com/a/nyEYIJb

Every PDF has one type of icon, and every Word doc has another type of icon. The List & Detail views in FC aren't similar to what I have in the screenshot, taken with Windows Explorer.
Dreamer wrote: 03.03.2023, 21:55 Probably you didn't click to Syllabus item and you changed it for the other item, which was active, perhaps for "Default" or for "Images".

Regarding your question, what you mean by "icons (different for each file type)", could you explain it?

In Auto views tab, "<Default view>" set the view you want, perhaps List or Details?

Or you want "Large icons" view mode? If so, it's not listed in the Auto view - View type, so it can't be used now.
Paul

FC XE 2023 Build 880

Dreamer
Site Admin

#17 Post by Dreamer » 03.03.2023, 22:34

OK, it looks like an "Large icons" view mode, in main menu > View " Large icons", you can switch to this mode, but it can't be set in Auto views, you can create a feature request for this.

BTW What about the thumbnails view, smaller thumbnails? It's possible to use in Auto Views - View type > "Thumbnails 48", you can use it for "<Default view>" item.

For images you can create another Auto view item and use View type - Thumbnails 48 - 512, or any other mode.

prr

#18 Post by prr » 03.03.2023, 23:47

That's fine.
I was just instinctively looking for a view mode called "Icons," because with a thumbnail view, I assumed that each doc (each PDF or DOCX) would have a thumbnail of its first page or whatever, created. I thought that would consume unnecessary system resources, but I see now that a thumbnail view only does this for images, while documents have an icon. OK, fine, a rose by any other name.

I like thumbnail64, that's a nice size for me.

OK well that about takes care of it.

I know in Open Office forums they had a way to edit a thread to indicate that a question was solved. Does this forum? If so, I'm mark this as solved.
Dreamer wrote: 03.03.2023, 22:34 OK, it looks like an "Large icons" view mode, in main menu > View " Large icons", you can switch to this mode, but it can't be set in Auto views, you can create a feature request for this.

BTW What about the thumbnails view, smaller thumbnails? It's possible to use in Auto Views - View type > "Thumbnails 48", you can use it for "<Default view>" item.

For images you can create another Auto view item and use View type - Thumbnails 48 - 512, or any other mode.
Paul

FC XE 2023 Build 880

Dreamer
Site Admin

#19 Post by Dreamer » 04.03.2023, 00:27

You can edit the first post, add something like "[SOLVED] " prefix, but it's not needed. Just requests and bugs are moved to "Resolved" forum.