Deleting Recycle Bin folders issues

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Forez

Deleting Recycle Bin folders issues

#1 Post by Forez » 03.07.2023, 13:32

I have the option

Tools > Settings > Filter/folder operations > General > Delete > Use FreeCommander

selected. And the issues with it and handling of the $RECYCLE.BIN system folders are:

1] When a deletion process of any Recycle Bin folder takes place and I click the Cancel button for it, then I will get two times pop-up window asking for confirmation bearing the same question

Asking twice for the same thing and with the very same words is just plane annoying. And this does not happen when deletion of anything else than of this system folder is happening [i.e. the question is asked just once]

2] When deletion of a Recycle Bin from one volume is in progress and I will go to another volume and attempt to deleted also its Recycle Bin, then I will get a pop-up message saying that an item within that folder cannot be found

This error will not go away unless I close that first deletion process or wait out for it to end

3] Sometimes when I delete a Recycle Bin within FreeCommander it is the Windows Explorer that takes control over this process

Unfortunately I have not been yet able to pin point conditions fort this bug, hence I am unable to report them for replication

The first two glitches are happening in both Build 891 64-bit Donor Portable and its 32-bit Installed counterpart, while in regards to the third one I can only attest to the its presence in 64-bit Portable version because I do not use the other one on a daily basis

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 x64