Change the Delete action in shell menu?

Discussion and questions - donor version.
FreeComUser

Change the Delete action in shell menu?

#1 Post by FreeComUser » 08.02.2024, 03:30

I've started using FreeCommander after a break of several years during which for practical reasons I used a different program. Now I'm back using this excellent program and I'm trying to make a few customizations.

If I want to delete a folder or a file using the context menu (right-clicking on the folder or file) towards the bottom of the menu there an entry named "Delete". If I select it, then the Windows Delete dialog comes up. However, I would prefer to see the FreeCommander Delete dialog anywhere in the Shell Menu. I have already enabled FreeCommander Delete in Tools > Settings > General > File/folder operations > General tab and it comes up on the main toolbar and in the File > Delete menu.

Timon

Re: Change the Delete action in shell menu?

#2 Post by Timon » 08.02.2024, 18:27

Everything is quite logical, since the right-clicking on the folder or file calls Windows (not FreeCommander) context menu.

I checked, exactly the same behavior is observed in current versions of Double Commander, Multi Commander and Total Commander.

FreeComUser

Re: Change the Delete action in shell menu?

#3 Post by FreeComUser » 08.02.2024, 20:36

Thank you for the information. I'll train myself to avoid using the Shell Menu for this purpose and to use any one of the other options.