Synchronise folders does not create directories

Bugs and issues.
PollieXmas

Synchronise folders does not create directories

#1 Post by PollieXmas » 16.05.2009, 10:18

This bug was introduced in the version before FreeCommander Portable 2009.02 and is still present in 2009.02.

I use FCP on XP SP3 to make backups to a LynkSys (Buffalo) NAS and connect to the NAS via a Netgear wireless router. I cannot produce the bug on a local machine, i.e. sync from internal HDD to external HDD, it thus seems to be restricted to a network sync.

To produce the bug you need to have a new file in a (sub?) directory on the left (source) side that does not exist on the right (target) side.

Steps:

1) Selectd directories on left (USB HDD) and right side (NAS drive) the requires synchronisation.
2) Press <Alt> <S> keys
3) Press <Compare> button
4) Press <Synchronise...> button
5) Press <OK> button

The synchronise will continue until it hits the new file inside the new (sub?) directory that does not exist on the right-hand side.

I'm not home but can do a screen shot of the error that I'm getting next week, if required. It goes something like "a device/resource is already connected to/using the resource/device".

You then only have the to click OK and FCP then see's it that the operation was canceled by the user.

The bug persists no matter how many times you repeat the operation and how far you go back before re-trying.

The only work around is to copy the directory manually from FCP or Explorer or de-selecting the files from the sync.

Please let me know if you require more information.

Regards
Paul

PollieXmas

Error Message...

#2 Post by PollieXmas » 30.05.2009, 11:40

The Windows Error message I get are as follows...

Code: Select all

An error occurred while reconnecting MyMappedDriveLetter: to \\NAS-Server\Backup-Directory

Microsoft Windows Network: The local device name is already in use.

This connection has not been restored.
[code]

I tried to replicate the error at work across the LAN to another server but the directories were created seemlessly.

I do not have another router to see if is only a problem with the netgear router. I have already upgraded the netgear to the latest release of it's firmware.

PollieXmas

Bug expands

#3 Post by PollieXmas » 03.07.2009, 18:40

The bugs is also present when synching between two mapped drives on a LAN.

Both servers to which I map are MS Server 2003 64-bit (SP2) machines on a LAN.

Regards
Paul