Multi Rename

Discussion, questions and support.
onthebench

Multi Rename

#1 Post by onthebench » 01.04.2010, 15:22

I am new to you forum,, so if this subject has been covered, please forgive this post...and direct me to post where this has been addressed...if not here goes...

In Multi Rename I want to trim the titles of music tracks I have.

When my music was imported from disc, information I really didn't want was added to the track titles...[i.e.] Artist - CD Name - Disc # [if box set] - Track # - Song Title, all listed for each music track in my music folder. I organize my music by artist, then album, so I only need track # and title.

I want to be able to remove the Artist - CD Title - Disc # - from the new title and if it is a box set add a number 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 in front of the Track # as the new name.

Any help on this, would be greatly appreciated.

The entire file name, ext, case structure in Multi Rename I find confusing.

Thank you for any help regarding this matter.

All the best,

OTB

If someone could explain how to convert the rename the titles and how the naming logic works I would greatly appreciate it.

joby_toss

Re: Multi Rename

#2 Post by joby_toss » 01.04.2010, 19:59

Try entering in the File name field the following:

Code: Select all

[c] - [mp3title]

Khuzuk

#4 Post by Khuzuk » 30.09.2010, 09:22

Hi
I like the way multi-rename works in FC. Only i have one problem with it. I have files in multiple folders and i want to rename them all in one operation. It is possible now without one thing. For example i want to change all files name to folder name with counter (so i type: [p]_[c]) but i want also reset this counter for every separate folder. Now if I do operation like this, each file have one counter for all folders. I want to rename every files in folders with starting number 001 or something like this.

Wasabi

#5 Post by Wasabi » 27.11.2010, 21:55

For complex music renaming, including being able to rename based on disc number tags, try foobar2000. For complex renaming, including where you reset the counter for each folder, try Bulk Rename Utility. FreeCommander is a big step up from Windows rename, but it can't do what either of you want.

foobar2000: http://www.foobar2000.org/
Bulk Rename Utility: http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/