- use FC for copy/move/delete operations
- use "Queue status bar visible", "Only if any operation exists", "MakeQueue button as default..."
- for copy/move use option "Auto minimize when starting operation"
- select any file
- press Shift+F6 (or Shift+F5)
= status bar and splitter icons "jump" for a moment, change position just for a while
It's not a "real" bug, but it looks not good, it's even worse when using horizontal panels layout, whole splitter bar "jumps", it's quite annoying when moving or copying multiple files from different locations one by one.
Perhaps it could be changed somehow, possible solutions:
- delay displaying of the Queue bar for few seconds, 3 for example
- disable the queue bar for small file(s), less than 100MB for example
- disable the queue bar when moving less than 100 files to the same drive (this is instant)
If those are not possible, perhaps these:
- move the splitter icons (including the hot spot buttons) a bit up, so that they would not move when the Queue bar is shown
- delay closing the queue status bar for any operation for X seconds, this could be quite useful, because when moving items to the same drive, it just blinks
- new option to show the basic info from the queue, like number of items, progress bar, perhaps others in the title bar
- or new option to show the basic info from the queue, just the number of items and progress in % as a toolbar button, like [2/42%], or in two rows, this button could work also to open the queue dialog, to show more info, or/and to toggle the queue status bar
- or new option to show the basic info from the queue, just the number of items and progress in % in the standard status bar
For horizontal panel layout only:
- do not move the splitter bar, just let the bottom panel height to be smaller
It looks too complex, there are so many suggestions, because I don't know which are possible to implement, so just 1 or 2 of them would solve the problem, no need to add them all, of course.
- using option to always show the Queue, but when using window mode it's wasting of space, since that bar would be empty 99% of time
- disabling the Queue status bar completely and perhaps use the queue dialog, but I want the queue status bar for long operations and the queue dialog don't have the progress bar
841 donor, 840 public, Windows 10 20H2.
Bugs and issues - current donor version.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests