892 - Start with last used folders broken?

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
MiK

892 - Start with last used folders broken?

#1 Post by MiK » 29.07.2023, 05:52

FreeCommander XE 2023 Build 892 64-bit donor

As of build 892 (it works in build 891 and prior versions) FC no longer seem to honor the "Start with last used folders" setting when using locked tabs. Instead it starts in the root folder of the locked tab rather than the folders that were open when FC quit the last time. I've verified the behavior with both the regular and portable versions of 891 and 892. Is this change intentional or a bug, and if intentional could we please have a setting that brings the behavior of -891 back?

Forez

Re: 892 - Start with last used folders broken?

#2 Post by Forez » 29.07.2023, 11:44

You want to always see

C:\test\folder locked as Tab\

and not

C:\

?

If yes then I must be using the same settings as you, but I have no issues with being presented with the locked folder upon re-opening of FC of any Build

MiK

#3 Post by MiK » 29.07.2023, 20:36

I want to see the last two (I use left and right panels) folders I had open when I exited FC the last time.

Eg If the tab in the left pane tab is locked to C:\test\folder locked as Tab\ and the right pane tab is locked to C:\test2\folder locked as Tab2\, but when I exited FC these tabs where showing C:\downloads\folder\ and C:\projects\a-project\. In 891 I would see C:\downloads\folder\ and C:\projects\a-project\ when I start FC the next time, but in 892 I see C:\test\folder locked as Tab\ and C:\test2\folder locked as Tab2\ after the next launch. The 892 behavior at startup is like if you have switched to another tab and then back to the original tab, thus forcing the default folder for the locked tab to show. This didn't happen in 891 which I like since it makes it possible to exit FC to do other tasks, and then when done resume FC with the same folders you were working on earlier. I hope you understand what I mean. :)

P.S I lock my standard tabs but allow navigation

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 29.07.2023, 21:36

You are right, I just tested with 891, default settings, and the last used folder is saved for locked tabs after FC restart.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

Perhaps there could be option for this behavior, also when using layouts: "reset path for locked tabs" or "save last used path for locked tabs". It's always possible to go to locked path with double-click on tab.

Some paths and options are saved/preserved on FC restart and some are not, which could be confusing.

It would also solve the problem, when using the profile, tab is locked for folder with thousands of subfolders/files, path is changed to subfolder with just few folders/files, plain view is enabled - after FC restart the path is changed to locked path with thousands of sunfolders/files, but plain view is enabled, even worse, if thumbnails view is enabled, so thousands of thumbnails are loading.

Another solution could be a global option to save paths, special view modes like plain view, quick filter, etc. on FC restart/exit.

If such option would be added, then another option to reset everything would be useful too, I requested such option here:

Reset state option - FreeCommander Forum

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 15.08.2023, 23:20

Looks fixed here, in 893.

Closed.